March 25th 2017
Public release of the German version of the website.
- New formatting options (text alignement and size) on the interface.
- Engine enhancement for a more precise placement of diacritics, support for ligatures.
- Integration of double tehtar as an option to write long vowels.
- Choice of the tehta form (wave or bar) representing consonant prenasalization or gemination.
- Merging of the Black Speech tengwar modes, with additional options.
- New runic modes: Younger Futhark, Futhorc.
- Integration of the typefaces Tengwar Elfica and Tengwar FreeMono.
- New sharing option through a simple html link.
- Quenya: Nieninque.
- Old English: Hál wes þú Maria.
- Old Norse: The death of Hervǫr, Sigurðr kills Fáfnir.
Transcriptional changes for some texts.
July 30th 2016
- Quenya mode: added option for the orientation of u and o curls.
- Quenya mode: added option for the consonant clusters st, pt, ht).
- Quenya mode: added option for single-standing voiced stops (b, d, g, gw).
- Quenya mode: added option for “implicit a”.
- Quenya mode: added option for choosing the shape of the a-tehta (three dots or circumflex accent).
- Sindarin tehta-mode: added option for labialized consonants.
- Bug fixes.
March 25th 2016
Public release of the Glǽmscribe transcriber.
- Development of the engine and library in open source.
- Integration into the website and provision of a web interface.
- Writing of required modes for the transcriptional needs of the website.
- Implementation of a new section dedicated to transcriptional topics.
New languages and new texts.
- Westron: Names of Hobbits, Other names in Westron.
- Middle English: Oure Fadir, Heil Marie, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Sir Orfeo.
October 28th 2015
- Gothic: Apostil to Thucydides.
- Welsh: Clychau Cantre’r Gwaelod.
May 15th 2015
Creation of the mathom room.
- Transfer of the bibliography and links.
- Additions: A short introduction to J. R. R. Tolkien’s languages and scripts and About transcriptions and typefaces.
- Downloadable fonts modified after those created by Måns Björkman and Johan Winge.
Public release of the second version.
April 12th 2015
Transcription of the texts with invented or historical writing systems.
- Creation and configuration of transcription scripts.
- Integration of selected typefaces.
- User control of the display of extracts, transcriptions and translations.
Double record of Latin texts in the reconstructed classical pronunciation and in the modern church pronunciation.
February 6th 2015
Full content revision.
- Control of translations and comments.
- Division of the Old English section between Tolkien’s compositions and mediaeval writings.
- Recasting and expansion of the bibliography, implementation of an automatic reference system.
- Update and addition of external links.
- Quenya: Litany of Loreto, Ambidexters, Five wishes.
- Sindarin: Túrin Wrapper.
- Telerin: Telerin names.
- Qenya: Jubilation in Valinor.
- Adûnaic: Other Adûnaic names.
- Black Speech: Names in Black Speech.
- Old English: The Wanderer in full text, The Seafarer, Béowulf – Prologue.
- Gothic: Fagino Marja.
- Old Norse: Njǫrðr and Skaði in full text.
- Welsh: English and Welsh.
- Latin: Litaniæ Lauretanæ.
October 14th 2014
Full website revision.
Better audio integration thanks to HTML5 and directly embedded components.
Better navigation: more user-friendly menus, language presentation pages now have links to the texts, breadcrumb trail.
Better readability: CSS-stylesheets revised, some texts were re-aligned.
- Added cellar doors.
- Website architecture revised for easier future updates.
- Bug fixes, misspelling corrections.
August 9th 2006
First version of the website.